Thursday, July 25, 2013

Is This Thing On?

Tap, tap, tap...

Um, hi.

photo credit


*crickets chirping*

Setting up this blog, I feel like I need a dazzling emcee to lead me up to center stage.  Just grab me by the elbow, lead me up to the mic, show me how to lower it, and announce..

"WELCOME, SAM, TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB!"

And then I would proceed to immediately choke on my own spit, trip over the mic cord, and land face first in someone's lap in the first row.

Annnnyyyyyywaaaaayyyy...

I am excited to get started here, if only for my own amusement.  Perhaps I should introduce myself.

I am twenty-four years old and I do not have my life together.  (Just kidding.  Well, not really.)

I teach sixth grade at a middle school in rural South Carolina.  This year will be my third year teaching... meaning that it's a charm, right?  Mmm, sure.  I do love my job though.  More on how I became a sixth grade teacher in some other post.

I'm married.  No, we don't have kids.  Yes, we do want them.  We're waiting like responsible adults! At least that's what we tell ourselves.  My husband is finishing nursing school as quickly and accurately as he can.

We have two cats named after Harry Potter characters.  So that should clue you in that I am a huge dorky nerd.  (Not the underwear-outside-my-pants kind.  Hopefully I fall between the cute and creepy categories.)

I love to read.  I love to write.  I love to make to-do lists and lose them before I finish everything I've written.  (Well, I don't love to do that.  But it does happen quite often.) And, like most people right now, I love Pinterest.

That's a little bit of me in a nut shell.  Or in a corn husk... because I'm corny.

I apologize now for what you will be subjected to in the future.

--Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment