Friday, July 26, 2013

Pringles (I mean... Reading)

I have problems.

Thankfully, not the kind that they lock you up for.  Usually.

During summer, I always try to keep a rational balance between enjoying sleep, gearing up for next year's classroom, and reading.

This summer, I haven't really read much.  It's not because there aren't many books worth reading right now, because there's a ton I can't wait to sink my teeth into.  The thing is, reading is like Pringles.  Once you pop, the fun don't stop.  (Also, Pringles make a wonderful reading snack.)

I have a problem with reading a book like any rational person.  Apparently, I only know how to read in frenzied spurts.  Once I pick up a book that I am interested in, I usually only put it down to take care of essential tasks (getting more Pringles).  I don't know what it is about reading that draws me in so.  I was the kid who took library books to Pep Rallies.  I devour them. I try to limit myself to one or two chapters at a time (and 10-15 Pringles) and to go on about my day, but I always end up sprawled out at 2 in the morning, throwing a finished book down as I brush off chip crumbs and look for the empty Pringles can.

I really need to find balance in my life.  And apparently more Pringles again.

Which books capture you?


No comments:

Post a Comment