Monday, July 29, 2013

Gearing Up

We are finally in the final stretch of summer!

Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE my summers off as a teacher.  I feel like I can be a normal person. I can read books!  GROWN-UP books! I can take naps! I can go on trips!  I can eat and use the restroom (not at the same time... eww!) when I want! (More exciting than one might think.)

But, I hate to admit... I do get a little bit bored.  I really enjoy my job! I get very excited when stores start pulling out school supplies.  Have I mentioned I have an obsession with office/school supplies?  Hi, my name is Sam, and I collect supplies like there's an education Y2K coming.

Today I dragged my husband to school with me to exploit his strength  help me move my room around. I got an extra body to move stuff at the price of a cheeseburger for lunch.  I'm pretty sure I came out on top here.

After they clean during the summer, it always takes a bit to move everything back.  We label everything in our room so that it gets returned to the correct classroom.  Imagine my surprise when I found an extra filing cabinet today!  I looked for a name on it, but found none.  I think it might have belonged to the strings teacher, judging by the way the drawers were labeled. (Her office and classroom are no where near mine!) However, I went ahead and found a nice spot for it in my room. I'm not sure if it was given to me or just misplaced, but I'm going to pretend like I get to keep it until I hear otherwise.

I'm trying to finish up some last minute Pinterest projects for my room.  Hopefully within the next week to two weeks I will have pictures of my classroom up.  I am always looking for new suggestions.  I am very cheap frugal when it comes to decorating my room, so I try to work with what I've got on hand.

What are you doing to prepare for back to school?

No comments:

Post a Comment